ANNOUNCEMENT (NOV. 26, 2019): The Defense Department has announced expanded Commissary, Military Service Exchange and MWR access January 1, 2020, and established a
standard for physical access to military installations.
READ MORE HERE: How to Enroll in the Expanded NEW Benefits!
Meetings: The monthly meeting schedule can change year to year. Please check the Schedule for the most updated information. We typically do not meet May through August, but usually, have a special event in July. We generally meet at Quail Creek Madera Clubhouse in Green Valley, but we occasionally change our venue. We have a guest speaker with a topic of interest to the members at each meeting.
Your membership is very important to your Chapter as well as to the national organization. The Military Officers Association of America is the nation’s largest and most influential association of military officers. Each member adds to MOAA’s voice, speaking for a strong national defense and presenting the interests of military officers at every stage of their careers.
Dues are due by January 1st, but why wait?
- MOAA Life Membership?? Instead of writing that annual check to MOAA to renew your membership, make a *one-time payment. This guarantees your membership benefits for you (and your surviving spouse) and protects you from any future dues increases. MOAA is now offering a special 10% discount if you convert from Annual to Life membership. Use the Contact Us form to contact our Membership Chair for the Life Membership application. Or, call the MOAA MemberService Center at 800-234-6622, and make sure you tell them you are a member of the Green Valley Arizona Chapter (Chapter Code AZ03). Your Life Membership fee will depend on your current age.
- Newsletters: A chapter newsletter is published with upcoming events, news, meeting registration form, updates, and other valuable information and articles. Newsletters can be found on this website on the News & Events webpage.
- MOAA Membership Benefits:
- The MOAA website (www.moaa.org) offers a wealth of information and assistance available to active duty, former and retired officers, and their spouses. As a MOAA member, you may not be aware of all that’s available to you there. For example, there are 23 MOAA publications that provide specific, targeted, no-nonsense guidance. Subjects range from financial planning, including career planning for spouses, to military burials and surviving the loss of a loved one. These publications are FREE to MOAA members. The MOAA web site also provides up to date information about important legislation that can impact all military members and their families.
Next, click on Travel Discounts and Offers to see the latest and greatest deals available to the military. Maryann Hammers does a great job finding and posting the best deals. Fore example:
- Renaissance Resort at World Golf Village near St. Augustine, Fla., (next to the World Golf Hall of Fame) offers an “American Hero Stay & Play Package” for active duty and retired military members. The package includes a round of golf on a championship course, balls, one-night accommodations, and breakfast daily. Price starts at $179 for one golfer (but you can share the room with a non-golfer for the same price). If two golfers stay in a room, the price is $279. Price is valid through May 31. For information or reservations, call (888) 740-7020 or visit www.worldgolfrenaissance.com.
- Life-Time members receive a special access number for priority order status.
- Personal Affairs
- As a MOAA member, you will have access to expert benefits information and advice, money-saving products and services, plus a team of legislative professionals fighting for your rights. You will also have the opportunity to network and to make connections to aid in your personal and professional life. The following are only a few of the many items that our membership finds beneficial:
- Other Volunteer Opportunities
- TAPS (Member Memorials)
- The Annual MOAA Chapter Recruiting Campaign is Underway
- MOAA seeks to increase our membership each year and strengthen chapters by combining our efforts and asking chapters to recruit chapter members who are currently members of the national MOAA organization, as well as other prospective members (former, retired, active duty, Guard and Reserve officers, and surviving spouse.)
- Why is this important to you?
- One of MOAA’s strengths has been the significant number of members we represent – over 370,000 – making us the largest military officers association. MOAA memberships give us the strength to be heard on Capitol Hill and keep your be benefits from eroding. Recruiting new national members will not only strengthen chapters, it also will help MOAA maintain a strong and effective presence as One Powerful Voice for our members.
- Not a MOAA Member Yet?
- If you are not currently a MOAA member, please consider joining. Use the Contact Us form to contact our Membership Chair who will answer any questions and provide you with information on our Chapter and a membership application if desired.
- Dues – $25 Annual Member Dues or $15 Auxiliary Member (effective 9/20/2017)
- JOIN NOW! – Complete a Membership Application and Renewal Form found at the top of this page.